Today is the day! I am participating in a hop with 40 other Silhouette users and we are sharing all things SPRING with you! There is a clickable collage at the bottom of the page that will take you to some really awesome project ideas for Spring.
Now on to my project:
I had so much fun making this project! I've been wanting to create something like subway art but never really got to it until the Silhouette Facebook Challenge Blog Hop. That was enough to motivate me to get busy on it. Once I got started I couldn't stop until it was done. It takes a while to come up with a design and implement it but it was worth the time. I have a dear friend who had a birthday April 1st and this became her gift from me.
I used an 8 x 10 work surface to begin because I wanted this to fit into a standard picture frame. Next I added the words using the text tool and filled them with colors. Here is a list of the words and the fonts for each:
- Bloom - Amaze
- Sunshine - Aharoni
- April Showers - SNG Classy Charm
- Spring - ARHerman
- Rain - Gaze
- Green Grass - Massey Wide
- Beautiful - Ariel
- Flowers - Partridge
The Silhouette library shapes I used:
- Cloud #2164 Silhouette
- Cute Umbrella #8470 Lori Whitlock
- Weather Set #9013 Jamie Koay (for the sun)
- Corner Leaf Vine Flourish #7319 Samantha Walker
- Flower Pop Up #2020 Silhouette
- Bird - unknown
Stampin' Up! products used:
- 7/8" scallop circle punch (for the center of the sun)
- Beautiful Wings Emboslit die (for the butterflies)
- Whisper White, Strawberry Crush card stock
- White wood frame 11 x 14 Walmart $7.95
- Zig Squeeze Glue Pen Amazon.com ( I buy these in the 12 pack with Prime so free shipping. Cost per item this way $1.85 each.
Once I had the words placed where I wanted them I printed onto the Whisper White Cardstock. Then I used the adhesive backed card stock from Silhouette America for the added embelishments and the last word. A few of these added to the picture gave it more character and depth.
I was thinking it might be fun to make another one of these for each season. What do you think?
Enjoy! And Happy Spring!
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Silhouette Cameo Instructor
Card making classes and workshops
Check out the other projects by clicking on the thumbnails below. I would love to have you follow my blog and leave me a comment too!
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects? My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
1. Dream a Little Bigger // 2. So Much Better With Age // 3. Adventures in All Things Food // 4. Creative Carnival // 5. The Kim Six Fix // 6. feto soap // 7. One Dog Woof // 8. The Experimental Home // 9. From Wine to Whine // 10. Architecture of a Mom // 11. Grey Luster Girl // 12. Minted Strawberry // 13. Designed Decor // 14. Tried & True // 15. Silhouette School // 16. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 17. Weekend Craft // 18. Practically Functional // 19. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 20. McCall Manor // 21. unOriginal Mom // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. A Tossed Salad Life // 24. A Glimpse Into Barb's Life // 25. Kate's Paper Creations // 26. Simply Kelly Designs // 27. Cutesy Crafts // 28. Persia Lou // 29. Whats Next Ma // 30. Two Purple Couches // 31. The Frill of Life // 32. Nearly Handmade // 33. Get Silvered // 34. Ginger Snap Crafts // 35. Life After Laundry // 36. The Sensory Emporium // 37. Monograms & Cake // 38. The Thinking Closet // 39. My Paper Craze // 40. Chicken Scratch NY